29 days ago
Did you find the training sessions helpful?
Add your like! More reaction types are coming soon.
30 days ago
What are your current working commitments?
• I am retired
about 1 month ago
Do you have other voluntary commitments or responsibilities of a civic nature?
• I have regular voluntary commitments during the day
Commitments relating to dependents
• I have regular child care commitments for a child/children of school age
There were about 23 training sessions and briefings available during the 11 weeks following the 2019 elections. Were you aware that so many training sessions were taking place?
Did you attend many of these sessions?
Very few or none
Please explain why you chose to attend or not attend the number of sessions you did
Didn’t know about them
Attendance at training sessions is often low, why do you think that is?
People don’t find out about them
What kind of learner are you? Please select the option which best describes you.
Reading and Writing learners – I learn best through written words. I benefit from written materials before a training session or writing up notes after. While there is some overlap with visual learning, these types of learners are drawn to expression through writing, reading articles or books, writing in diaries, looking up words in the dictionary and searching and researching via the library or the internet.
Which types of training sessions do you most benefit from and enjoy/prefer?
• Interactive Training sessions that include things like group work to talk through ideas
• In person training from specialists in their field
• Independent and interactive study in your own time using questions and answers/quiz questions to help consolidate your understanding.
However, training sessions are conducted, please select all that you would find helpful:
• Training resources such as pre-reading or presentation slides in advance of a training session
What days and times of day would you find it easiest to attend In person Training Sessions?
What days and times of day would you find it easiest to attend Virtual Training Sessions?
Do you see the benefit of a mock council meeting with an agenda and support papers to help members practice things like, declaration of interests, understanding the order of business, how to engage in heathy debate, understanding motions and amendments, calling of minutes etc.
Would you benefit from having a formally appointed buddy? (It may not be possible to assign a buddy within your political group depending on the makeup of the council)
• Work full-time during the day